Community Living Coach On Call
Company: United Cerebral Palsy of GA
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Description Community Living Coach*VOTED ATLANTA'S TOP
WORKPLACE 2018***$1500 Sign on Bonus, Free Medical Coverage,
Flexible Schedules, and Paid Training**United Cerebral Palsy of
Georgia, Inc. ensures that individuals with intellectual and
developmental disabilities live a "Life without Limits"! UCP of
Georgia supports this mission by addressing the physical and health
needs, encouraging educational development, and offering
opportunities for true integration into the community for the
individuals we support. JOB SUMMARY: Training and care of residents
with multiple disabilities, including all areas of daily
life.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engages residents in activities of choice, which reinforces ISP
- Provides transportation and supervision for residents as
dictated by individual program.
- Ensures that all information regarding daily activities,
problems and needs of residents are recorded properly in daily
- Ensures each resident's personal hygiene and grooming needs are
- Provides training and assistance in changing appropriate
apparel daily to ensure comfort and well-being for residents.
- Uses appropriate body mechanics to lift, move, and position and
provides prescribed exercises and physical care to residents.
- Inspects home at beginning of shift to ensure that home meets
all safety requirements, checking for clutter and dangerous
objects. B. Corrects deficiencies or submit written report to
supervisor outlining deficiencies by end of shift.
- Conducts evacuation drills, both fire and severe weather, as
directed by supervisor. Records results of each drill.
- Follow program plan for meeting all potential emergencies and
disasters, such as medical, fire, severe weather and missing
- Cleans and sanitizes all appliances, utensils and work surfaces
in accordance with the Personal Care Home Rules and Regulations
- Cleans cooking surfaces exhaust hoods and oven.
- Disposes of garbage daily sanitizing containers and lids.
- Reports any problem with equipment used by residents to
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms, kitchen, and telephones daily
in accordance with Personal Care Home guidelines.
- Ensures compliance in the area of responsibility during
assigned hours with local, state, and federal rules and regulations
applying to Personal Care Home and UCP Residential Services.
- Complies with policies and procedures to ensure that
confidentiality requirements are upheld.
- Supports and protects the fundamental human, civil,
constitutional, and statutory rights of clients and families as
defined by agency.
- Reports to work promptly and on time and does not leave work
until assigned shift ends or has approval from supervisor.
- Observes policies/procedures governing requests for annual,
sick, or other leave time.
- Makes client related entries in daily logs that are legible,
dated, authenticated by signature and positions, in ink and without
use of symbols or abbreviations.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, On-Call
Keywords: United Cerebral Palsy of GA, Savannah , Community Living Coach On Call, Other , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!