PRODUCTION PLANNER 1
Company: DANIEL DEFENSE LLC
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At Daniel Defense Only the Best Build the Best--- Daniel Defense
engineers and manufactures the world's finest weapon systems and
accessories. We are intensely focused on providing top quality
small arms solutions to our military and law enforcement
communities as well as to civilians seeking premium rifles for home
defense, hunting and sport shooting. As a Production Planner you
will be responsible for the functions outlined below Essential
- Responsible for demonstrating commitment to and leadership of
environmental health and safety principles, policies and
- Responsible for the Build Plan and Master Production Schedule
for Daniel Defense.
- Firm planned work orders weekly for release and printing by
Production Admin Assistant
- Create, release, and print custom work orders
- Monitor material inventories, track progress of production, and
review factors which affect schedules and on-time delivery.
- Work with Industrial Engineer on capacity constraints and
possible risks to on-time delivery.
- Work with Procurement on part shortages and production
- Work with Industrial Engineer, Procurement, and Director of
Planning and Inventory Control to develop delivery schedules and
production plan for large orders or contracts.
- Provide continual improvement of the planning and reporting
- Stay informed of current projects, manufacturing workload, and
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as
- Review Build Plan for possible conversion of custom orders
inside lead time to maximize revenue.
- Responsible for the calculation, review, and adjustment of
established safety stock levels.
- Cross-train in part and engineering master creation,
maintenance and annual review.
- Participates in the company's efforts to continuously improve
in Safety, 6S, Quality, Delivery and Productivity.
- Expected to be a contributor to the company standards on high
integrity, safety, fair and equitable treatment and a positive work
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Director of
Planning and Inventory Control and/or management. Knowledge, Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2+ years
of prior experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably
machining and assembly or related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and
procedures within the field.
- Teamwork and the ability to cooperate and work proactively with
others is a must.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently.
- Great attention to detail and excellent record keeping
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated; willing to put in extra effort and hours as
- Ability to work, interact and effectively communicate with all
company officials, employees, vendors, customers, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, and
- Competent with computer software such as Microsoft Office
(Access, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook Word);
ERP experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and work in accordance with
our Permission to Play Values. Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 25
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting and bending
throughout the work day.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment, to include
working in and around machinery, exposure to noise and chemicals,
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment
as required by your position and/or Company policy. Daniel Defense
is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer and promotes a "Drug Free
Workplace". Note: The statements above are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned
to the job. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this
job. Responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of
the employer and do not establish a contract of employment - Daniel
Defense is an at will employer PI177328745
Keywords: DANIEL DEFENSE LLC, Savannah , PRODUCTION PLANNER 1, Other , Ellabell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!