Company: DANIEL DEFENSE LLC
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At Daniel Defense Only the Best Build the Best---
Daniel Defense engineers and manufactures the world's finest weapon
systems and accessories. We are intensely focused on providing top
quality small arms solutions to our military and law enforcement
communities as well as to civilians seeking premium rifles for home
defense, hunting and sport shooting.
As a Machinist 3 you will be responsible for the functions outlined
- Responsible for demonstrating commitment to and leadership of
environmental health and safety principles, policies and
- Perform all of the essential functions of a Machinist
- Conform to and operate within the framework of all applicable
operator work instructions, SOPs, quality, and safety
- Maintain proper housekeeping of work area; Keep all machines,
tools, and equipment and work surfaces free of oil, grease,
- Work with other Programmers and Manufacturing Engineers in the
development of new and improvement of existing production
- This job is mainly one of production troubleshooting, process
improvement and new program prove out until the release to
production; must have a willingness to operate machinery as
- Prove out new programs and machine processes safely and provide
feedback to programmers, engineers and/or management as to the
performance of those programs or processes.
- Adjust parameters including speeds and feeds to fine tune the
- Actively identify and contribute opportunities for process
improvement and increased efficiency in assigned areas.
- Make tooling or workholding recommendations for process
- Align workholding or adjust work coordinates for proper machine
- Align machines after crashes; align/setup/prove out/conduct FAI
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is
- Assists with establishing work instructions and guidelines for
Operators and Machinists to perform the functions of their
- Review and audit work instructions.
- Participates in the company's efforts to continuously improve
in Safety, 6S, Quality, Delivery and Productivity.
- Expected to be a contributor to the company standards on high
integrity, safety, fair and equitable treatment and a positive work
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate or necessary by
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma with typically 7-10 years of prior
manufacturing experience or a combination of experience, education
and/or training to sufficiently and successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Two-year technical degree or
approved apprenticeship in related coursework (i.e. computer
numeric control mill or lathe) is a plus.
- Serve as a role model and subject matter expert; Trains and
mentors Machinist I and Machinist II.
- Perform at advanced level of CNC programming.
- Modify or machine work fixtures, potentially under supervision
of Level 4 Machinist; however, work is independent in
- Knowledge of 5s and lean concepts and ability to help move
forward with achieving department goals.
- Has knowledge of metalworking tools, workholding and other
common concepts, practices and procedures within the
- Teamwork and the ability to cooperate and work proactively with
others is a must.
- Working knowledge of machine tool programming languages (G & M
codes) and blueprint reading.
- Ability to understand and communicate the requirements of
- Must be able to interpret machine tool programming languages
(such as G & M codes) to anticipate machine action, to use
"Distance to Go", and to use feed rate and spindle speed overrides
to perform troubleshooting and changeovers.
- Know how to identify which tools create which features in a
- Understand the machining and forming properties of commonly
- Ability to identify source of visual or dimensional defects and
- Know how to properly assemble tooling for a specific
- How to align center-cutting tools to a part feature.
- Understand the basics of workholding and tool
- Be able to recognize when something is wrong with a process or
- Understand the fundamentals of cutting tool
- How to use a test indicator to align work to machine axes
within acceptable limits.
- Understanding of basic programming strategies.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently.
- Great attention to detail and excellent record keeping
- Self-motivated; willing to put in extra effort and hours as
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and work under deadlines
- Ability to work, interact and effectively communicate with all
company officials, employees, vendors, customers, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and work in accordance with
our Permission to Play Values.
- It is understood employees may be assigned to other
departments, functional groups, and/or shifts as deemed necessary
- Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting and bending
throughout the work day.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment, to include
working in and around machinery, exposure to noise and chemicals,
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment
as required by your position and/or Company policy.
Daniel Defense is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer and
promotes a "Drug-Free Workplace."
Keywords: DANIEL DEFENSE LLC, Savannah , MACHINIST 3, Other , Ellabell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!