Company: McLendon Enterprises, Inc
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and
*We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.*
*EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.*
Job Description -Pipe Layer
Pay based on experience
NO phone calls please
Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. May
operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth
tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and
measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and
instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces
to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean
up rubble, debris and other waste materials. May assist other craft
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work zones.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or
adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and
level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels,
pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Position, join, align, or seal structural components, such as
concrete wall sections or pipes.
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas
where construction work will be performed.
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or
tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to
project plans or specifications.
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic
barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures.
- Position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete, using saws,
hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Lubricate, clean, or repair machinery, equipment, or tools.
- Operate jackhammers or drills to break up concrete or
Requires repetitive movement, Requires bending or twisting,
Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or
controls, Requires standing, Requires contact with others
(face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise), Requires face-to-face
discussions with individuals or teams, Requires working in
extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, Requires
working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F
degrees) temperatures, Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels
that are distracting or uncomfortable, Includes exposure to
contaminants , Includes exposure to whole body vibration , Requires
making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or
the company, Requires exposure to hazardous equipment, Requires
exposure to minor burns, cuts, bites, or stings, Requires work with
others in a group or team, Requires wearing common protective or
safety equipment, Job tasks are performed in close physical
proximity to other people, Requires working in an open vehicle or
equipment, Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
* Pipe Laying: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road%58047475%
Keywords: McLendon Enterprises, Inc, Savannah , Pipe Layer/Laborer, Other , Pooler, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!