HIV-CARE Initiative Specialist
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a work environment
where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for
our CARE Initiative Specialist opening with Memorial Health
University Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to
be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.BenefitsMemorial Health
University Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
We are seeking a CARE Initiative Specialist for our team to ensure
that we continue to provide all patients with high quality,
efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We
are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are
seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and
QualificationsThis position will support the expansion of HIV/HCV
testing in the ED by increasing the number of people who know their
HIV/HCV status through lab or rapid screening and by providing
linkage to appropriate care and support services.
What you will do in this role:
- Condu cRapid Assay HIV screenings on ED patients not requiring
bloodwork through lab analysis and evaluate for position /negative
- Draw blood as necessary for rapid screening confirmatory HIV
test andd monitor EHR for ED patient lab results.
- Provide HIV/HCV pre-/post-test counseling as necessary.
- Provide brief counseling for newly identified positive's on
linkage process. Link HIV/HCV positive patients to appropriate care
and support services utilizing established protocols and provide
and explain HIV/HCV discharge documentation that potentially
transfers care to appropriate provider.
- Administer risk assessment questionnaire to patients as needed.
Disseminate HIV/HCV prevention and risk reduction educational
materials and counsel appropriately.
- Develop positive relationships with a diverse population of
patients to assist in collection of accurate demographic data.
- Collaborate with the CARE Initiative Coordinator to provide
weekly/monthly/quarterly reports to monitor program progress and
compliance and develop reports for CDC, MHUMC Infection Control,
Chatham County Health Department and Gilead Sciences.
- Remain current in HIV/HCV evidence-based practices. Attend
educational activities as requested or required to maintain
appropriate level of expertise in HIV/HCV.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelors Degree required
- 1+ year of experience in HIV/HIC Screening
- Rapid HIV Testing Course, Venipuncture/Phlebotomy Certification
- Electronic Medical Records (EPIC) skills preferredThis role
requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local,
state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or
religious exemption is approved).Memorial Health University Medical
Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1955, giving
patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced
technology. Our 600+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading
acute care facilities that serves 35 counties across southeast
Georgia and southern South Carolina. Located in Savannah, Georgia,
we are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care,
trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk
newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level I
trauma center and children's hospital, as well as the Savannah
campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
At Memorial Health, our care like family culture extends to our
patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each
other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in
the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than
2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive
impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive If you find this
opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our CARE
Initiative Specialist opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member
of our team. We are interviewing apply today!We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Savannah , HIV-CARE Initiative Specialist, Other , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!