Part Time/Adjunct Economics Instructor
Company: State of Georgia
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Savannah Technical College seeks a part-time Adjunct Economics
Instructor to teach Economics courses. The successful candidate
will be required to travel to and teach classes at any Savannah
Technical College campus location. This individual will report to
the Social and Behavioral Science Department Head in the General
Studies Division and will be responsible for the following duties
(the list is not intended to be exhaustive):
* Preparing lesson plans for classroom instruction
* Evaluating students' progress in attaining goals and
* Assessing Economics students' learning objectives
* Maintaining program certification requirements, as
* Preparing , maintaining and submitting all required documentation
and administrative reports in a timely manner
* Maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the
field by attending staff development training, workshops, seminars
* Ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the
* Meeting with students, staff members, and other educators to
discuss instructional programs and other issues impacting the
progress of students
The successful candidate must be willing to work teaching shifts
that might require split teaching dates, and/or multiple
* Master's degree in Economics or closely related field with a
minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Economics from an
accredited college or university
* Excellent human-relations, interpersonal skills, and strong
verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient in the use of MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and
* Preference will be given to those candidates who have taught at
least one year at an accredited college or university.
* Preference will be given to those candidates who possess working
knowledge of Blackboard (course management) and Banner (student
information) , or similar platforms.
* Three years of full-time, paid teaching experience.
* Active participation in appropriate professional/occupational
Note: Only on-campus opportunities exist at this time.
Responsibilities are typically performed in a classroom environment
with the employee intermittently sitting, standing, walking,
bending, pushing and pulling for up to three (3) - four (4)
continuous hours at a time. The employee occasionally lifts or
moves objects of a light to medium weight. Full range of hand and
finger motion may be utilized for data entry purposes.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a
criminal background check. Applicants must submit an electronic
application through Team Georgia Careers, and attach cover letter
and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please
include your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications
received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we
are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from
our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must
present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical
College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin,
gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief,
genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era,
or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted
or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance
activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator,
Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, email@example.com. Send written
correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks,
5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the
Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and
Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required
to submit a valid Driver's License, proof of insurability, and/or a
driver's history report for positions involving state travel.
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the
teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting
bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate
accrediting bodies for the course assigned.
* Agency Logo: Requisition ID: EDU05IZ
* Number of Openings: 1
* Shift: Variable
Keywords: State of Georgia, Savannah , Part Time/Adjunct Economics Instructor, Other , Rincon, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!