Company: Adams and Associates, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Responsible for providing personal/career counseling for
students to enhance student employability and to ensure continued
enrollment and quantifiable success in the Job Corps program.
Identifies and remediates student barriers to success and develops
individualized student career educational plans. Ensures strict
confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student
Serves as Acting Counseling/CPP Manager in Counseling/CPP Managers
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no
manipulation of student data.
- Ensures student caseload meets or exceeds DOL/Company
- Responsible to provide students with comprehensive and
individualized case management ensuring student progress, retention
and completion of the Job Corps program. Establishes
supportive/mentoring relationships with students throughout their
enrollment and provides personal, educational and career
- Provides ongoing assessment of student progress in Academics,
Career Technical and Independent Living.
- Develops and updates student Personal Career Development
- Coordinates services for students (on-Center and off-Center) to
ensure student retention and success in the program. Transports
students as needed/required.
- Routinely evaluates and documents student performance using
case management system.
- Contributes to the Center's culture by treating students with
care and respect, assisting students achieve personal and career
goals and ensuring students feel safe and welcomed during
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and
work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet
established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete
all required job responsibilities.
- Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as
required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the
student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and
positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy
to students and holds them accountable for their actions and
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures
that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues
improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in
a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group
efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality
and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies
problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior
to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure
prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure
effective supervision and services are provided to
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center
Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments
to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications A bachelor's degree (including at least 15 semester
hours in Social Services-related instruction) from an accredited
school is required. A minimum of one year of experience in
counseling or a related field. Prefer previous Job Corps or related
program experience. Must possess a valid in-State Drivers's License
and meet Company insurability requirements.
'Adams and Associates, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR -
- 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations
prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on
their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities
and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their
race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. Moreover, these
regulations require that covered prime contractors and
subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.' This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Support and services are available upon request to individuals with
Keywords: Adams and Associates, Inc., Savannah , Counselor, Other , Brunswick, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!