Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Posted on: March 20, 2023
PDS Tech is seeking a Completions Trainee for an open position
in Savannah, GA.Position Purpose:
- This is an entry-level position in which the individual will be
trained in one or more of the aircraft completions craft
disciplines such as, but not limited to, cabinet making, cabinet
finishing, upholstery, carpet and installation.
- In a team environment and under direct supervision, performs a
variety of operations in a completions department.Job
DescriptionPrinciple Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under specific instruction and guidance, perform the creation
of and/or the assembly of various parts to complete a desired
finished product such as an aircraft seat or aircraft furniture
- Through OJT and classroom instruction, become proficient in the
use of hand tools and power tools required. for the assigned tasks
- Ensure work meets required. quality standards through
self-inspection and assessment by Quality Control Inspectors .
- Learn to read electronic work orders, electronic drawings and
specification sheets to determine sequence of operation and work
- Works with decreasing supervision as experience is gained. May
need direct supervision with each new task .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Entry level position.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Essential communication skills include the ability to read,
write, speak, and understand the English language
- basic computer keyboard skills.Unique Skills:
- Basic understanding of hand tools and willing to learnOther
- Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
- Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
- Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude
for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to
detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Proficiency in current personal computer based software.
- Must be available to work any shift.
- Must be able to lift and transport objects up to 40 pounds.PDS
Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier
specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a
full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit PDS pays for referrals!
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Savannah , Completions Trainee, Other , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...