Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Posted on: March 20, 2023
PDS is seeking a Cabinetmaker Sr for an open position in
Savannah, GA.Position Purpose:
- Under general supervision, fabricates the most complex cabinets
and other wood-surfaced subassemblies for installation in aircraft.
Assists lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance,
assistance and training to co-workers. Essential Functions:
- Fabricates complex high quality furniture and other
wood-surfaced subassemblies using stationary and hand
- Interprets material specifications and design/engineering
drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering
requirements with a high level of quality and detail. Coordinates
with supervision to ensure compliance with customer approved design
- Utilizes a variety of woodworking tools and techniques.
- Complies with and champions safety, 5S, and housekeeping
policies and ensures the protection of aircraft interiors.
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and
implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost,
cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand,
track squawks and to sign-off work. Additional Functions:
- Accepts Lead responsibilities when required. Mentors and trains
lesser skilled technicians.
- Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks
to assigned technicians.
- Conducts safety audits and assists team members in doing safety
- Assists in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Coordinates with other backshops when necessary.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Performs other duties as required. Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 4 years of experience in cabinetmaking.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.Unique Skills:
- Able to work per engineering data, modify existing and build
new interior cabinets.Other Requirements:
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted
areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Advanced knowledge of cabinetmaking processes and
- Possess a working knowledge of Gulfstream inspection and
process specifications preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
language.PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status. Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of
the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices
nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit PDS pays for referrals!
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Savannah , Cabinetmaker Sr, Other , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...