Mechanic Tech I
Company: United States Sugar Corp
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- This position is responsible for repairing and maintaining
mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and
equipment such as metal fabricating machine tools, material
handling systems, centrifugals, pumps, motors, and
lubrication.FUNCTIONS Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Knows, observes, and enforces all Standard Operating
Procedures, safety procedures and rules, environmental practices
and GMP guidelines.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to
locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment,
and/or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism
or hydraulic system.
- Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and
- Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes and measures, cuts,
threads, and install new pipe.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following
- Repairs broken parts.
- Sets up and operates metalworking tools such as lathe, drill
press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
- Performs centrifugal maintenance to include but not limited to
dismantle, inspection, repair and replace functional parts.
- Cleans up area at the completion of maintenance and
- Performs other duties as assigned.Company Conformance
StatementsIn the performance of their respective tasks and duties
all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct
- Interact professionally with co-workers, Company business
associates and the general public.
- Work together in a cooperative spirit to serve the best
interests of the Company.
- Operate in a fully responsible manner and comply with the law
and Company policy. Company SHE Primary ResponsibilitiesUnderstand
and observe all Safety, Health & Environmental rules and procedures
- Report or correct any unsafe act or condition
- Report any chemical/fuel spill to supervision
- Report any pain or discomfort to
Certifications/LicensesThe following are the basic qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)The
following are the preferred qualifications:
- Associate Degree or equivalent from two-year technical school
ExperienceThe following are the basic qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years mechanical and hydraulic components
experience required.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (including any
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up
to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.WORKING
- Computer, Windows, MaximoWorking Conditions
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne
particles. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or
humid conditions, extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in
the work environment is usually loud. Employee Supervision
- No supervisory responsibilitiesDecision Making/Accountability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
standardized situations.This description supersedes and previous or
updated descriptions for this position. Management has the right to
add or change the duties for this position at any time.Equal
Employment Opportunity PolicyUnited States Sugar Corporation
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: United States Sugar Corp, Savannah , Mechanic Tech I, Other , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...