Company: US Sugar
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- This position is responsible for performing tasks associated
with engineering projects including design, testing, programming,
and conducting studies associated with complex projects often
involved with new or improved products, processes or techniques,
preparation of specifications, process development, and feasibility
studies.FUNCTIONSPrimary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Contribute to a customer-focused culture of discipline,
attention to detail, and teamwork.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities for existing mechanical
- Troubleshoot and implement solutions to solve operational
problems on equipment.
- Coordinate activities and efforts with maintenance, outside
contractors, and operations personnel.
- Collect, evaluate, and report data to management.
- Participate in major engineering projects. Company Conformance
StatementsIn the performance of their respective tasks and duties
all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct
- Interact professionally with co-workers, Company business
associates and the general public.
- Work together in a cooperative spirit to serve the best
interests of the Company.
- Operate in a fully responsible manner and comply with the law
and Company policy.Company SHE Primary Responsibilities
- Understand and observe all Safety, Health & Environmental
rules, and procedures.
- Report or correct any unsafe act or condition.
- Report any chemical/fuel spill to supervision.
- Report any pain or discomfort to
Certifications/LicensesThe following are the basic qualifications:
- B.S. in Mechanical EngineeringExperienceThe following are the
- Must have at least 8 years of successful, comprehensive
experience in industrial environmentThe following are the preferred
- Six or more years of experience in food
industryKnowledge/Skills/Abilities (including any physical
demands)The following are the basic qualifications:
- Must have demonstrated and proven track record in engineering
cost management, e.g., material, labor waste.
- Proven ability to develop and successfully introduce process
improvements per projected timelines.
- Intermediate-level user of MS Office applications, particularly
Word and Excel, and able to learn Company software.
- Duties require standing; walking; sitting; use of hands and/or
fingers to grasp, handle, pick-up, pinch, type, or feel; reaching
with hands and arms; climbing and balancing; talking and listening;
close and distance vision with depth perception, color vision and
the ability to adjust focus. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of OSHA 29 CFT 1910 & NFPA regulations.WORKING
- Work is in an open-office environment and is typically
performed away from the office for more than half the day. Work is
performed regularly near moving mechanical parts. Noise level is
- Supervisor assigns problems in broad general terms and is
interested only in overall results achieved. Requires independent
judgment with little or no supervision. Requires creative and
original thinking to develop solutions to unusual or major problems
where decisions greatly affect major management
- Position results have direct impact on operations of entire
organization.This description supersedes and previous or undated
descriptions for this position. Management has the right to add or
change the duties for this position at any time.Equal Employment
Opportunity PolicyUnited States Sugar Corporation provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: US Sugar, Savannah , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...