Local CDL A Site Supervisor with Hazmat and Tanker Day Shift and Weekends Off
Company: Velocity Rail Solutions
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Local Site Leader/Supervisor-Days & Weekends OFF!
CDL-A, Hazmat & Tanker Needed!
$1155 Week & Excellent Benefits!
LOCATION: Savannah, GA!
Celebrating 108 Years in Business!
Please Apply Below or Call (866) 542-0068!
We have an immediate opening for a Site Supervisor/Site Leader
based in our Savannah, GA location. The ideal individual should
have a Class A CDL with hazmat and tanker. Previous supervisory,
training, or management experience and prior knowledge or
experience working with hydraulic-driven systems, pumps, hoses,
etc. is preferred. Schedule will be day shift with every Saturday
and Sunday off unless the customer or business dictates
The Site Leader is the production level employee responsible for
assisting the Regional Manager in providing superior and safe
customer service through the implementation of the VRS Operating
System at the worksite. The Site Leader will report directly to the
Regional Manager and assists in the necessary business processes as
- $1155/week ($60K Annually)
- Local-Home Daily
- Long term fixed contracts
- Consistent paychecks
- Consistent 60-hour schedule with Saturday and Sunday
- We are on duty for 12 hours a day and overtime is paid after 40
- Accrued PTO beginning your first day
- Paid holidays after 90 days
- Excellent benefits with both low and high deductibles options
and copays (health, dental, vision, and 401K)
- Rewarding work with a great team of individuals
- On the job training
- And most of all Stability!!!
- Performs the production tasks of a Direct to Locomotive Fuel
- Ensures their location is consistently turning in accurate
reports to their Coordinator on time (FAR, BOL, and Purchase Card
- Ensures Eagle eye, Geotab, and ADP timekeeping compliance is
implemented for all drivers.
- Ensures Third Party Audits are meeting VRS and Customer
- Develops the site customer(s) relationship by:
- Maintaining contact with the customer at the local level to
ensure that we have a complete understanding of the customer s
needs, schedule, special service requests, etc.;
- Communicating service deviations, customer complaints and
service failures to their Regional Manager and responding as
- Participating in root cause analysis of service failures and in
the development of corrective actions, and implementing identified
- Participating in customer discussions and assisting in
- Assists the Regional Manager by ensuring that site employees
are hired, trained, and treated right by:
- Working with the Recruiting Manager and Regional Manager
throughout the hiring process to ensure that all steps are
completed and that the best possible candidate for the position is
identified and hired;
- Trains, and/or delegates, training of new hires as required by
the training standards. Proctors written knowledge exams of
standard operating procedures and conducts proficiency
- Conducting and documenting monthly communication meetings.
Follows up with absent employees to ensure all topics discussed are
- Promotes safety values and champions that commitment
- Believes that our goal of Zero Occurrences, is achievable and
helps everyone else at the site understand the importance of
- Attend Lead Safety Specialist Meetings (if applicable) and
- Ensure that the requirements of the Safety, Health and
Environment section of the VRS Operating System is developed and
implemented at the site:
- Involves others at the site in Observations that are being
performed and ensuring that corrective actions are made
- Work with the Regional Manager and Safety Manager to ensure
that the operation is compliant with all local, state and federal
regulatory requirements (DOT, FRA, ETC.), as well as any customer
specific safety rules and expectations, particularly PPE;
- Understanding and training all site employees in the use of the
Emergency Response and Security plan.
- Works with the Regional Manager and Safety Manager to ensure
all Driver qualification files are complete for all DOT team
- Ensures that assets (equipment) is properly maintained and
- Identify and develop Equipment Specialist(s) at the
- Ensure all back up equipment has been in operation within the
past 14 days.
- Establishing and maintaining service records, maintenance files
and a schedule of service intervals for all equipment assigned to
the location in Zendu.
- Ensuring that the established Asset Maintenance program is
followed, tracking next service dates in Zendu.
- Creates a professional work atmosphere by:
- Ensure that all team members are 5S certified/and or
recertified and that the Operation has 5S implemented.
- Coordinating the availability of company uniforms and enforcing
the expectation of projecting a professional branding image;
- Must have a Class A CDL with Tanker and Hazmat
- Must be able to clear all background checks required by the
Company, customer and government;
- Individuals are responsible for maintaining all required
licenses and certifications in a current and valid status at all
- Must be able to work independently and without direct
- Must be able to read, write and understand English so as to
communicate effectively with employees, management, and customers
in verbal and written form;
- Must be reliable and dependable;
- Basic computer skills are necessary and intermediate skills
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts which at times, may
include nights, weekends and holidays;
- Must be available to operations at any hour of the day and in
case of an emergency, be able to respond to the worksite;
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous supervisory or management experience is preferred
- Able to consistently bend, stoop, kneel and climb on and off
- Willing to receive general safety training
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Willing to work with liquid non-hazardous
- Can carry at least fifty (50) pounds
- May have to walk long distances
Please Apply Below or Call (866) 542-0068!
Keywords: Velocity Rail Solutions, Savannah , Local CDL A Site Supervisor with Hazmat and Tanker Day Shift and Weekends Off, Professions , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!