Company: White Cap
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now known as White Cap Supply Holdings, Inc., we are
made up of three distinct businesses called White Cap, Contractors'
Warehouse and Brafasco:
- WHITE CAP is the nation's leading distributor of specialty
hardware, tools, safety supplies, concrete accessories and
materials for professional contractors.
- BRAFASCO is an industrial distributor in Canada specializing in
fasteners, safety supplies and tools.
- CONTRACTORS WAREHOUSE (formerly known as Home Improvement
Solutions) offers remodeling and construction supplies to
contractors and trade professionals through local retail outlets.
With customer-facing locations across the U.S. and Canada, White
Cap Supply Holdings is a leading distributor of specialty concrete
and construction products and services in North America serving
professional contractors across non-residential, residential and
other markets. White Cap Supply Holdings is headquartered in
Norcross, GA, and has approximately 269 locations across 39 U.S.
States and six Canadian provinces. Approximately 5,600 associates
provide support for more than 200,000 customers annually. White Cap
Supply Holdings provides specialty concrete and construction
products serving professional concrete contractors and
self-performing general contractors, as well as all professional
contractors who require power tools and accessories, safety
equipment, and fastening products in non-residential, residential
and other markets. In addition to value-add services, White Cap
Supply Holdings offers a portfolio of 400,000 SKUs that include
concrete accessories and chemicals, engineered materials and
fastening systems, steel products, tools and equipment, building
envelope, safety and consumables, and wood products. White Cap
Supply Holdings is commonly referred to simply as White Cap. Job
Description & Qualifications Job Summary Responsible for
specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling,
shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter and delivering
product (when needed) to customers. This position requires
operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such
operation may be done during the course of the average work week.
If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle
Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an
acceptable MVR report. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Completes tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking,
stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods. May be
required to carry heavy merchandise up and down stairs while using
body straps and/or furniture dolly for merchandise 50-300
- Checks items against purchase orders and packing slips and
reports shortages, damages, and other discrepancies.
- Files orders for delivery; places supplies and equipment in
- Operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete
- Drive company vehicles, on occasion to pick up incoming stock
or deliver materials to designated locations. Serve as an emergency
driver when needed for backup. (Non-CDL)
- Performs routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
Details Preferred Qualifications
- Valid license endorsement(s) for class of vehicle being
- Knowledge of warehouse procedures, requisitions, purchase
orders, invoices, and delivery documents. PRID PRID161 Job
Locations US-GA-Savannah Posted Date 6 days ago (11/11/2020 12:34
PM) Job ID 2020-40392 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Transportation Remote Position? No Position Type
Full-Time White Cap is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Savannah , Driver Associate, Professions , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!