Plant Operator Trainee - Water Reclamation
Company: City of Savannah
Posted on: January 9, 2021
PurposeOne of ten most beautiful places in America, the City of
Savannah is set within a vibrant and diverse community, filled with
charm and great people! We are always looking for hidden gems ready
to champion challenges, foster a culture of belonging, and make a
difference within the communities we serve!Are you looking for a
career with purpose? Are you interested in a career opportunity
that combines your passion to serve with your experience and
skillset?We are looking for motivated and career driven applicants
to join our Water/Wastewater Plant Operator Trainee Program!To help
develop tomorrow's water and wastewater workforce, we support a
comprehensive and progressive trainee program that will prepare you
to become a licensed water or wastewater operator while working at
one of our facilities.Earn your Class III Operator License and bump
your salary up to $17.13 per/hr!Earn your Class II Operator License
and bump your salary up to $17.99 per/hr!Earn your Class I Operator
License and bump your salary up to $19.84 per/hr! We offer FREE
Classroom and On-the-Job Training!Earn While You Learn!Join the
City of Savannah and make a difference!As a Plant Operator Trainee
you will be responsible for assisting with the operation and
maintenance of a water/wastewater treatment facility under the
general supervision of a designated supervisor.Essential Job
- Collects and analyzes samples; performs pH, dissolved oxygen,
and suspended solids tests.
- Monitors operation of equipment and treatment processes and
makes appropriate entries in the shift logbook and spread
- Monitors and adjust plants operations based on microscopic
analysis and laboratory results.
- Makes adjustments and changes to hydraulic and chemical
- Calibrates instruments and equipment, including a pH meter and
dissolved oxygen meter; maintains assigned tools and
- Documents findings; maintains logs and spreadsheets.
- Operates after hours 311 city-wide dispatch program for civil
- Performs grounds maintenance duties, including mowing, weeding,
and applying insecticides.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Minimum
QualificationsHigh School Diploma or GED equivalent; with six (6)
months of work experience in the field of public water treatment or
distribution or industrial wet process; or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.Must possess and maintain a
valid state driver's license with an acceptable driving
history.Must successfully complete mandatory Basic Water/Wastewater
training course and obtain Georgia Water/Wastewater Operator Class
3 Certification within sixteen (16) months of employment. Failure
to secure the required certification will result in separation from
employment.Work Location: 1400 E. President St. Shifts:
VariesAdditional RequirementsBackground investigation, including
supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen;
and verification of education, certifications, and licenses
required prior to employmentAdditional Information
- Knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment process control
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental laws and
- Knowledge of laboratory analysis techniques and processes.
- Knowledge of safety regulations pertaining to chemicals.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing data.
- Skill in using a computer.
- Skill in operating standard wastewater treatment instruments
and equipment, including a belt filter press, pump, generator, and
water pressure machine.
- Skill in using laboratory tools and instruments.
- Skill in operating heavy and light equipment, including a dump
truck, overhead crane, tractor, loader, forklift, bobcat, and
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Keywords: City of Savannah, Savannah , Plant Operator Trainee - Water Reclamation, Professions , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!