Diesel Fleet Technician
Company: First Transit
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Fleet Maintenance TechnicianFirst Transit, a leader in
fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus, and fleet maintenance
services, is now hiring a Fleet Technician II at our SCAD -
Savannah shop!First Transit is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages of $23 is based on experience & qualifications
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!Fleet Maintenance Mechanic II Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other
- Remove and replace engine, transmission, and differential
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Notify the supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action is taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.Fleet
Maintenance Mechanic II Qualifications:
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver's license required.
- 3-5 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Intermediate diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.Apply today to join our team!First
Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of
transportation services, moving more than 350 million passengers
annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit
professionals at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, and
Puerto Rico.FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los
Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: First Transit, Savannah , Diesel Fleet Technician, Professions , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!