Company: Wayne Brothers Companies
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Position Title: Form CarpenterLocation: Savannah, GASalary
Interval: Salaried, Non ExemptPosition DescriptionPOSITION
- Performs all essential job functions of a Carpenter
- Builds forms, fixtures, or templates of wood, metal, plastic or
other material for use in the production of concrete footings,
slabs, walls, columns, piers, ramps, or steps.
- Determines type and dimensions of concrete forms from oral
instructions from lead/master carpenter, carpentry foreman or
- Gathers and organizes materials, equipment and supplies to be
used in the form building project.
- Uses hand and power tools, as well as light equipment, to
measure, cut and otherwise form material to specified
- Fastens wood, metal and or plastic/other material to construct
- Constructs forms for continuous, stepped continuous, pier and
grade beam concrete footings.
- Constructs edge forms for on-grade slabs to plus or minus
1/8-inch tolerance in grade and line.
- Erects built-in-place forms or tilt-up wall forms on
construction sites according to blueprints and layout
specifications received from lead carpenter, carpentry foreman or
- Inserts wooden or metal spreaders between opposite faces of
form to maintain specified dimensions.
- Inserts metal tie rods to hold opposite faces of form panels to
- Measures, cuts, bends, splices, ties and/or welds rebar, bar
supports, welded wire fabric or other support material and places
it within the form according to specifications.
- Anchors, shores and otherwise braces forms to fixed objects
using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks and
- Assembles and installs prefabricated forms according to
- Lifts sections of forms and places them in position according
to blueprints, oral instructions, or diagrams, using rule, plumb
rule, or level.
- Directs, through proper hand signals, crane operator in lifting
and placing heavier sections of forms.
- Nails, bolts, or clamps form sections together using bolts and
wing nuts, clamps, or patented fasteners.
- Aligns and sets forms to elevation according to diagram or oral
instructions from lead carpenter, carpentry foreman or
superintendent using plumb rule, level and foot rule.
- Erects any scaffolding or rigging necessary to complete the
- Places concrete during footing, wall, and/or grade beam
- Observes forms as concrete is being poured to insure that they
are being held in position by bracing and fastenings.
- Removes forms after concrete has hardened.
- Keeps work area clean and safe at all times.
- Observes all building codes, company, state, OSHA safety rules,
regulations and guidelines.
- Reports any job site and/or WB employee related safety
violation(s) to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Serves as a safe and productive member of a construction
- Perform all assigned roles, responsibilities, and related work
processes/tasks in the safest possible manner. Ensure that a safe,
accident/incident-free work environment is maintained for all
co-workers, customers, clients, suppliers, etc. at all
times.PM20Position RequirementsEducation and/or Experience
- High School Diploma/GED/Apprenticeship - preferred
- Vocational or technical training in construction -
desirableKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Completing assigned work tasks and processes in work teams
- Analyzing and interpreting blueprints and shop drawings
- Measuring and cutting wood and metal precisely
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Communicating/reporting with foremen and team members
- Implementing site safety and work-task plans
- Recognizing and correcting job site hazards
- Making work task-level judgments and decisions.
- Listening, speaking, reading and writing at a basic level
- Thinking logically and critically
- Seeing and interpreting details close up and far away
- Consistent focus on Safety, Quality, Production, and
- Interacting with other trades or subcontractorsWorking
- Outdoors - frequently
- Indoors - rarely
- Loud noise - frequently
- Temperatures - seasonal
- Personal Protective Equipment - at all times
- Multi-activity worksites - frequently
- Traveling/out of town - frequently
- 40 to 55-hour work week - frequently
- Heights and depths - frequentlyCertificates, Licenses,
- Valid driver's license - preferred
- OSHA - 10 Hour Certification - preferred
- OSHA 30-Hour Certification - preferred
- First Aid/CPR - desirable
- Powder actuated tool certification - preferred
- All-terrain material handler certification -desirable
- Aerial lift certification - desirable
- WB Craft Training & other certifications through Form Carpenter
Technician- preferredPhysical Demands
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent lifting, bending, kneeling and reaching
- Walking Frequently
- Reaching above shoulder
- Standing for long periods of time
- Climbing ladders, working at heights, wearing/using fall
- Handling and assembling formwork
- Handling and installing concrete reinforcement materials
- Handling, placing, and finishing of concreteEqual Opportunity
EmployerWayne Brothers, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity/
Affirmative Action Employer. Read our EEO/AAE policy.
Keywords: Wayne Brothers Companies, Savannah , Form Carpenter, Professions , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!