Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Company: Colonial Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Colonial Family has moved forward together since 1921. Our
success in diverse markets is attributable to our exceptional
people, who work collectively to create opportunities for our
customers and our companies. By consistently investing in the
development of our people, we ensure our management, operations,
and support teams work seamlessly to deliver the best service in
their respective industries.
With the growth of all of the Colonial companies, we look for
talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a
company with a culture driven by diversity, innovation, and
The Electrical & Instrumentation Technician is responsible for the
maintenance of Colonial's electrical and control infrastructure as
it relates to six liquid and dry bulk storage facilities and
numerous product handling systems within each of the six
- Diagnose and repair various industrial electrical systems and
components such as motors, motor starters, VFDs, breakers, fuses,
distribution panels, panel boards, lights and instrumentation.
- Install/replace various electrical system components such as
wire, conduit, fittings, controls, motors, etc.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Document installation maintenance work.
- Troubleshoot and maintain security equipment such as gate
operators and closed-circuit video surveillance cameras.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Five (5) years of electrical experience in an industrial
- Experience using electrical test tools, multimeters, hand
tools, and power tools.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing 3 phase power and
control systems up to 480 volts.
- Working knowledge and excellent understanding of NFPA 70E and
standard lockout procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical installation
requirements for area classification such as Class I, DIV 2, and
Class I, Div 1.
- Experience pulling and terminating wires.
- Experience measuring, cutting, bending, threading, assembling,
and installing electrical conduit with use using tools such as a
hacksaw, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Accredited training and certification.
- Experience with ethernet fiber optic controls and
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Understanding of modern industrial process control schemes such
as Factory Talk and Tank Master.
- Understanding of PLC based control products such as
Allen-Bradley (Contrologix, PLC5, and PLC 500).
- Understanding of instrumentation products such as RADAR, flow
meters (Coriolis, vortex, swirl, turbine, and mag)
pressure/temperature sensors and flow controllers.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, stand, kneel, walk, climb, and may occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to
creating an environment that values and supports diversity and
inclusiveness across our organizations.
- Pay Type Hourly Associated topics: geographic information
system, gis developer, gis technician, gis system analyst,
information, instrument, map technician, software, survey mapping
technician, survey technician
Keywords: Colonial Group, Savannah , Electrical & Instrumentation Technician, Professions , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!