Water Utility Technician
Company: Water Utility Management
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job DescriptionCome work at Water Utility Management! We are
looking for a great candidate to maintain the areas potable water
treatment and distribution system in accordance with federal,
state, county, municipal, and company policies and standards.
Salary begins at $16 for a candidate with no experience.Primary Job
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make daily rounds at Water Utility Management water facilities
to ensure water purity. Handle daily water maintenance, operation,
and distribution systems, processes, and procedure
- Conduct field repairs.
- Conduct field inspections and read water meters.
- Participate in a variety of special projects such as
construction of piping, electrical, and structural systems related
to assigned work area.
- Perform other job-related duties as
required.RequirementsQualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1-2 years experience in a water treatment processing role or
similar outdoor experience preferred.
- GA State Water Treatment Class III Certification or Operator
Distribution Certification preferred but not required. Water
Utility Management will help employees obtain licenses.
- Valid Georgia Class C drivers license with a satisfactory
driving record upon hire. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be dependable, responsible, persistent, energetic,
goal-oriented, accurate, team player, flexible, and able to work
with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to read, follow verbal and written instructions,
have good oral and written communication skills with ability to
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook and Windows Explorer, Word,
and Excel a plus. Working ConditionsThis position works primarily
in an outdoor environment. This position may/will be exposed to the
- Water operations duties are performed in all weather conditions
including heat, cold, extreme temperatures, and inclement
- Constant exposure to sun, high humidity, noise, vibration, and
- Work environment exposes this position to levels of grease,
airborne dust, odor, electrical, mechanical, and toxic
- This position will operate heavy equipment and moving machinery
including excavators, back hoes, chain saws, generators, shovels,
rakes, pneumatic equipment, and other large, loud, and dangerous
construction equipment.Physical/Other RequirementsThis position
requires an extreme amount of physical activity.
- Must be able lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stoop, maneuver into tight spaces, use
fingers and hands with dexterity
- This position requires frequent stooping, standing, walking,
sitting and twisting. Will often walk on hard surfaces that can be
- Must be able to operate a company vehicle and company
- Must wear protective clothing when necessary but not limited to
face shields, gloves, helmets, masks, etc.BenefitsOur benefits
package includes competitive compensation, excellent benefits,
professional development, and an outstanding work environment based
on our mission and values. We help our employees and their families
with both routine and unexpected medical and personal needs. Our
goal is to ensure that our employees are happy, healthy, and able
to reach their full potential. For full-time employees, WUM is
proud to offer health, dental, and vision benefits after 90 days of
employment. We also offer 401-K options after one year of
employment with up to 3% matching, with the additional option of
enrolling in a Flexible Spending Account.Water Utility Management
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Its our policy to provide
employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other
opportunities based on qualifications, without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status or
disability, and in compliance with all applicable state and federal
Keywords: Water Utility Management, Savannah , Water Utility Technician, Professions , Brunswick, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!