Plant Operator I - Savannah, GA
Company: Colonial Group, Inc.
Location: Richmond Hill
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Colonial Family has moved forward together since 1921. Our
success in diverse markets is attributable to our exceptional
people, who work collectively to create opportunities for our
customers and our companies. By consistently investing in the
development of our people, we ensure our management, operations,
and support teams work seamlessly to deliver the best service in
their respective industries.
With the growth of all of the Colonial companies, we look for
talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a
company with a culture driven by diversity, innovation, and
Build Your Career, Impact Your Community, Join Our Colonial
Join one of the largest terminals in the Southeast and become a
member of our Family of Companies, a Century of Service! The global
supply chain affects everyone, help keep the world moving by making
a direct impact on a fulfilling industry.
A Plant Operator is needed in the GKT plant to receive, handle and
package dry bulk products. The Operator will be responsible for
unloading railcars and vessels and preparing the offloaded product
for bulk shipment or packaging. The qualified candidate may be
required to work flexible shifts during receipt of vessel cargo.
He/she needs to have general labor skills, but not limited to those
- Operate bagging equipment to bag kaolin clay into one metric
- Stack bags in warehouse and load bags into containers using a
- Strap metric ton bags to forklift rack for transport to
- Set up Terminal equipment to fill storage silos from vessel or
- Conduct rail receiving duties such as, but is not limited to,
opening and closing railcar discharge doors via hydraulic
- Pull samples of product from railcars or vessels for quality
- Operate Terminal ship/railcar unloading equipment to unload
vessels and railcars.
- Help maintain oversight over Terminal equipment to maintain
good working order.
- Maintain a clean workspace to ensure safe working
- Ability to work in a warehouse or outdoor weather
- Responsible for the safe handling and operation of small
equipment such as skid-steer loaders and floor sweepers.
- Responsible for the safe handling and operation of heavy
equipment such as front-end loaders, backhoes, and farm
- Maintain proper paperwork when unloading railcars and loading
- Help clean equipment after product has been received or
- Ability to recognize errors and anticipate problems before they
- Must have equal ability to work as part of a high-performance
team and as an individual contributor.
- Candidate must have some Forklift experience or related
experience with similar equipment.
- Must follow safety protocols and procedures at all times.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time with regularity .
- Candidate must have a valid driver's license.
- Candidate must be able to work OT and weekends, when
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a related field is a plus.
- Must be able to use simple math, have basic computer skills and
use a copier.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50-100 pounds.
- Candidate must be able to climb a bag stack (up to 16ft),
railcar ladder or storage silo ladder, and work at heights, when
- Must be able to wear a dust respirator/mask at times, when
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to
creating an environment that values and supports diversity and
inclusiveness across our organizations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $22.00
- Max Hiring Rate $26.75
Keywords: Colonial Group, Inc., Savannah , Plant Operator I - Savannah, GA, Professions , Richmond Hill, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!