Technician - Plumbing
Company: Engineered Yacht Solutions
Posted on: November 24, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: Technician - Plumber
- EMPLOYER: Engineered Yacht SolutionsDEPARTMENT: PlumbingREPORTS
TO: Project ManagerCandidates must be residents; we do not relocate
applicants. We apologize for any inconvenience.We are an EEO
Employer, all employees must participate and successfully pass
screening in E-Verify & a Drug-Free Workplace.DUTIES AND
- Under the direction of the supervisor, clean up, and repair
valves, actuators, and accessories
- Identify needed parts and work with other departments to obtain
- Repair, assemble and test, and tag valves, actuators, and
accessories using a variety of tools, measuring, and shop
- Work will require Traveling to different shipyard areas.
- Will require some Troubleshooting and repairing issues in the
- Determine and discuss with the supervisor any potential process
- Must have experience with valves or in residential or
- Familiarity with the various piping and fitting - press
fitting, pex, pvc, cpvc, copper, stainless.
- Maintain the integrity of yacht interiors and exterior
- Over time, nights and weekend work may be required as customer
service needs fluctuate.
- Has the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Planning/Organizing - Performs activities planned by
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person
with an alternate plan.
- Ability to use various hand tools such as band saws, drill
presses, chop saws, and bench grinders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by
- One to two years of related experience or equivalent.
- Familiarity with delivery practices and handling methods.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to lead a team and assist the Project Manager.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changingpriorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer
feedback to improve service; Response to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming;
Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting;
Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and
tries new things.
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive
or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds
well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Safety and Security--Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability--Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Attendance/Punctuality--Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
alternate plan.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment,
readtechnical information, and/or use a keyboard * Frequently
required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25
pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently work in high, precarious places
- Frequently work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Frequently loud noise (examples: metal can manufacture, large
- Frequently very loud noise (example: jack hammer work)The above
is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for
the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical
requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodation
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
essential functions.Job Type: Full-timeSalary: $18.00 - $35.00 per
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to Friday
Keywords: Engineered Yacht Solutions, Savannah , Technician - Plumbing, Professions , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!