Night Shift QA Technician
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Rich's, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a
family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities.
From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings,
our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the
world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help
them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes
creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals
compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared
foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual
sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich's is a global leader with a focus
on everything that family makes possible. Rich's --Infinite
Possibilities. One Family.
The QA Technician's purpose is to assure food safety through HACCP
compliance monitoring, implementing corrective actions and
reporting of deviations to the QA Manager.
- Document test results, communicate deviations with management
- Review data and direct follow-up of product testing deviations
and trends to meet customer requirements.
- Conduct product and process capability studies as directed by
QA Manager or designate.
- Perform QA tasks including product sampling, line monitoring,
auditing, lab testing and calibrations to ensure compliance to
- Coordinate lab operation, raw material, finished product and
audit analytical data and reports for process
- Audit laboratory testing, analytical test methods and protocols
for Compliance with Standard Operating Procedure and Quality
- Reviewing and approving deviation, investigations, and
corrective and preventive action that is associated with analytical
- Review and audit of microbiological testing and sanitation
cleaning inspection reports.
- Place ingredients and finished goods on hold, as directed by
the QA Manager/QA Team Leader.
- Investigate the root cause of defects in raw and finished
products and implement corrective actions.
- Maintain and promote a quality culture through
- Maintain a well-organized and clean work area.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies for lab Audit
laboratory testing, analytical test -methods and protocols for
Compliance with Standard Operating Procedure and Quality Assurance
- Coordinate timely hold and disposition of raw ingredients,
packaging materials and finished product.
- Utilize PLM, QDMS, SAP and Minitab in support of business
- Submit written reports on overall compliance, deviations and
corrective actions implemented.
- Understanding of Acidified Foods and compliance to all federal
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, chemistry or biology related
field required. Related work experience preferred but not
- Chemistry work related: Water activity., Free fatty acid
testing; Viscosity, ; PH effect on Food; Brix, Concentration;
Moisture analyses; allergen tests, Flour testing
- Microbiology work related: Knowledge of pathogens and its
growth characteristics as it relates to food manufacturing and the
facility. Bacterial growth requirement; Bacterial identification;
Growth morphology; Temperature growth requirement; Bacterial food
- One year experience in commercial food processing
- PC skills to include strong knowledge of Windows operating
system, and applications to include Microsoft Word and
- Knowledge of statistics and use of software packages.
- Knowledge of Database systems preferred.
- Ability to constructively deal with change and pressure.
Willing to continue training/ education as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to operate powered equipment
- Ability to use a full range of motion in both arms, hands, and
- Ability to taste.
- Ability to operate normal laboratory equipment.
- Must have understanding of microbiological
- Must have complete understanding of shortenings, sugars,
starches, gums, and particulates.
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates
("Rich's"), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment
Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or
employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability,
veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity,
sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized
protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information
collected by this application is solely to determine suitability
for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain
state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the
way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment
opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich's. Please
contact Rich's Human Resources department at -if you need
assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate
in the application process.
Keywords: Rich's, Savannah , Night Shift QA Technician, Professions , Townsend, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!