Hinesville - Maintenance Tech
Company: Express Employment Professionals
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Position Summary: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for
responding to maintenance requests as instructed by the Maintenance
Manager/Supervisor or property staff, or as requested by residents
or vendors. This position ensures that the physical aspects of the
property meet the Company's established standards and any
applicable laws.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedules, monitors and/or performs preventative maintenance
and apartment turns.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC,
electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling,
exterior structural, and appliances.
- Ensures that work order requests are responded to promptly and
- Ensures residential units have been turned in a timely and
efficient manner, as well as determines if work has been completed
- Provides excellent customer service to prospective and current
tenants, and promotes a quality living experience for all
- Provides on-call pager service when scheduled and performs
emergency maintenance work when required.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and
cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be
- Assists supervisor with scheduling and communicating with
vendors and contractors. --- Assists supervisor with obtaining bids
from outside contractors, as well as oversees contractor work for
- Assists with purchasing maintenance supplies for the property
while staying within the planned budget.
- Accurately prepares and submits property invoices in accordance
with established guidelines.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding the overall maintenance
function of the property.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing,
safety, non-discrimination, and harassment
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to use a personal computer or other computer tracking
systems used at the property.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax
machine, printer, copier, and key track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to
relate to others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable
local housing provisions.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to drive an automobileEducation and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in property management
maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is
- Current driver license and automobile insurance.
- May require one or more of the following certifications:
- EPA Certification, Type I and II.
- HVAC Certification.
- CPO certification (pool).
- Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state
- Must maintain professional appearance and comply with
prescribed uniform policy.
- Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of
back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis;
Overtime may be required for this position.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be reachable via phone or pager, except during approved
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to
staffing shortagesPhysical Demands
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, feeling.
- Moderate climbing, balancing, crawling, reaching, pushing,
pulling, lifting and talking, hearing, and smelling.
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands,
wrists, legs, and feet.
- Pronounced visual acuity (near and far) and field of
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Ability to identify and distinguish color.
- Ability to distinguish the differences or similarities in odors
- Ability to lift and/or move an excess of 100 pounds or
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.Mental Functions
- Ability to compare, copy, compute, compile, analyze,
coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.Work
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions
(temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different
regions).Need more information about this job? Complete an
application at http://savannahga.expresspros.com or contact
Bridgette Roberts at 912-232-9800. If available, please include
your resume by email to Bridgette.Roberts@ExpressPros.com Please
add "MAINTENANCE" to the subject line of your email. Apply Now!
Looking to take your first step toward a new career success today?
Apply with Express Employment Professionals at
http://savannahga.expresspros.com or stop by our office between 9a
- 11 AM, Monday thru Friday at 2 Park of Commerce Blvd., Suite I,
Savannah GA 31405. We are located facing Chatham Parkway close to
the intersection with Interstate 16. Express Employment
Professionals works with job seekers to help them find the right
job for their skills and experience. We have a variety of jobs
available, which are full-time, part-time, and temporary positions.
As one of the leading staffing companies in North America, Georgia,
and the greater Savannah area, we are ready to help you take the
next step in your career. Express Employment Professionals of
Savannah has helped applicants build their careers since 2005. In
2017, our team put more than 1,300 associates to work in the
greater Savannah area. Globally, Express employs more than 500,000
people across more than 800 franchise locations worldwide. Take the
first step toward new career success, apply with Express Employment
Professionals today. #SAVGAPandoLogic.Keywords:Apartment
Maintenance Technician, Location:Savannah,GA-31421,
Keywords: Express Employment Professionals, Savannah , Hinesville - Maintenance Tech, Professions , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!