Import-Export Logistics Coordi
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled
infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to
ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers,
restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our
customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the
food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in
order to delivery on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Primary Responsibility: Coordinates import, export, customs, and
shipping activities for the department. Essential
- Tracks containers in the port system by logging on to the Port
Authority tracking system. Documents any vessel delays,
'Full-Out/Empty-In' container tracking, and verifies per diem in
- Coordinates fumigation with United States Department of
Agriculture (USDA) and other agencies or companies by communicating
daily inspection needs and providing required documentation
(Fumigation log, BOL, EAN, PTT, etc.).
- Tracks cold re-treatment or continuation of cold treatment with
USDA and internally, investigates variances, and resolves or
reports to appropriate individual(s) as necessary.
- Coordinates inspections with CBP.
- Acts as a liaison with customs brokers to arrange container
delivers and empty container pick-ups, coordinates schedules,
resolves discrepancies, and follows-up to ensure deliveries and
pick-ups have been completed as scheduled.
What Experience You Need
Qualifications & Experience:
- Three (3) years warehouse and/or shipping/receiving experience.
Import-export experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED.
What Could Set You Apart
- Demonstrated mathematical skills sufficient to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in various reporting
tools such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint sufficient to create
communication documents and basic financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems in a
fast-paced environment where deadlines and scopes may change
regularly while maintaining accuracy. Demonstrated ability to
self-start with little or no direction preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the food industry, warehousing or
transportation industry preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USDA regulations and working with
government agencies and imports. Demonstrated knowledge in an
Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) system, through which the
trade community reports imports and exports and the government
determines admissibility, preferred.
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me?
We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with
our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their
health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a
values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers
feed the world.
Keywords: Americold, Savannah , Import-Export Logistics Coordi, Professions , Pooler, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!