Technology Director, Wholesale Petroleum Supply & Distribution
Company: Colonial Group
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Colonial Oil Industries, Inc. (COI) is one of the largest
independent oil companies in the Southeast and has been serving the
region since 1921. With strategic ocean terminals in Savannah, GA;
Charleston, SC; and Jacksonville, FL; as well as numerous terminals
along the Colonial and Plantation Pipeline, COI has an extensive
network to supply gasoline and diesel fuel to the Southeast.
Build Your Career, Impact Your Community, Join Our Colonial
The Technology Director, Wholesale Petroleum Supply & Distribution
engages with business stakeholders to prioritize and resource
projects to achieve operational excellence through system and
process automation. The role works in close collaboration with the
IT Center of Excellences to implement/improve business capabilities
that achieve business objectives. As key business partner, the
position will be involved in setting the strategic direction for
business and actively participate in the executing the divisions
goals and objectives.
- Lead strategic and operational planning for the focusing on
meeting business needs and requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders from
the business and other sources to define business and process
requirements for new technology.
- Identify and analyze emerging technologies, trends, and
opportunities for their potential to disrupt existing capabilities,
digital and transformation strategies.
- Formulate an operating and engagement model for driving demand
management, prioritization, delivery, and communications with
senior management and key stakeholders.
- Implement processes to manage costs, ensure contracts are
operationalized, and drive vendor performance throughout the deal
- Interface with partners to determine requirements, anticipate
future needs and cultivate long-standing relationships.
- Manage the organizational governance of the company s
technology project portfolio by working with Technology and
Business Leadership to align business initiatives, operational
governance and planning, and transparency into the active portfolio
- Partner with business leaders to understand existing business
processes, gather requirements, evaluate vendors, and execute
- Guide optimal approach on how to achieve the required
capability and the sequence of the build (in response to
prioritization) including build vs buy
- Define Technical Evolution Roadmap, Technical Capabilities, and
initiatives and align across solutions including eliminate
redundancies and accelerate re-use
- Manage a team of 3 direct reports
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of relevant education,
experience, and training
- PMP, Product Lifecycle Development certification. Agile/Scrum
- 10 + years of program or project management experience
implementing software systems.
- Knowledge of project planning tools, such as Smartsheet, Jira
or Microsoft Project with evidence of practical application.
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage several projects
- Skilled communicator with experience forming alliances and
bringing together multiple stakeholders to execute on a common
- Successful delivery of several business technology
- Skilled in platform management, product management,
architecture, analytics, a structured and data-driven thinker with
excellent interpersonal skills.
- People management experience preferred.
- Experience in logistics, wholesale distribution, or supply
- Preferred experience working for petroleum wholesale and
- Understanding of energy trading and supply processes and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and/or move
up to 20 pounds.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to
creating an environment that values and supports diversity and
inclusiveness across our organizations.
- Job Function Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary
Keywords: Colonial Group, Savannah , Technology Director, Wholesale Petroleum Supply & Distribution, Professions , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!