Teller / Customer Service Representative
Company: Pineland Bank
Posted on: November 24, 2022
*Position Purpose: *
This position is accountable for the delivery of exceptional
customer service through the efficient managing of customer
interactions and assuming a lead role in developing new customer
relationships and enhancing existing relationships.
*Essential Functions and Basic Duties: *
* Attends to the needs of customers and prospective customers on
* Recommends, explains, and opens new deposit accounts for
* Opens and closes safety deposit boxes.
* Maintains confidentiality of customer accounts.
* Handles customer complaints related to the Bank's services,
explains service charges, and follows through on misdirected items
* Researches and resolves customer problems by serving as a liaison
between the customer and the appropriate bank area.
* Answers inquiries and provides information on various accounts,
and other banking services.
* Ensures on-going sales, service, and product knowledge, training
* Identifies customer's needs and provides information (rates,
terms, features, benefits, restrictions, fees, disclosures) to
assist customers in making decisions which suit their financial
* Refers customers for specialized products and services to the
appropriate area and/or persons.
* Completes and prepares all necessary product and service
documentation by entry into document platform ensuring that
customer needs are promptly and accurately satisfied, and all
credit quality, security, and legal requirements are met.
* May also perform various administrative and other duties related
to the Bank including but not limited to:
* Assisting tellers as needed with duties such as: Balancing ATM,
logging night drops, assisting tellers with balancing and
* Initiating wire transfers.
* Entering check orders.
* Proofing various bank products and service documents including,
but not limited to, checking and savings accounts, stop payments,
* Creating and updating IRA files.
* Inputting orders for checks ensuring accuracy and transmission to
* Maintaining ATM/Debit Card application files.
* Prepares various activity reports and information as needed.
* Performs other tasks requested by manager as they relate to the
bank and its functions.
* Contributes to team and Bank. Maintains successful working
relationship with team, the Bank, and the community.
* Other duties as assigned.
* A high school diploma or equivalent required. College degree
* Previous banking experience preferred
* Customer service experience required
* General knowledge of bank operations, policies and
* Thorough knowledge of bank products and services.
* Must be able to sufficiently handle both routine and complex
* Must present a professional image in dealing with customers,
interdepartmental and external representatives.
* Strong sales and service skills; demonstrated ability to identify
and satisfy the customer's needs.
* Basic math skills.
* Strong written and verbal skills.
* Ability to use various office equipment, including adding
machine, computer, basic e-mail, internet, Excel, and Microsoft
* Have a high degree of interpersonal skills, attitude, judgment,
communication and the ability to effectively interact with
customers and employees.
* Ability to exercise personal and professional responsibility and
work with limited direction.
* Meet or exceed established customer service standards.
* Mathematics - knowledge of arithmetic and its use in solving
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* What makes you a good candidate for this position?
* Cash handling: 2 years (Required)
* Banking: 1 year (Preferred)
* Customer service: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Pineland Bank, Savannah , Teller / Customer Service Representative, Sales , Alma, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!