Outside Sales Representative
Company: Simpson Strong-Tie
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Position SummaryThe Dealer Sales Representative represents Simpson Strong-Tie Company to direct and indirect accounts to achieve product sales, provide support service/training, and ensure that our products are in stock, well-maintained, and well-represented. Planning the travel itinerary, regular driving to meet customers and provide a suitable home office environment conductive to telecommuting on occasion will be critical.Responsibilities70% of the time you will: Make sales and service calls and increase sales by obtaining and facilitating orders as well as develop new customers. A complete understanding of our customer's pricing structure is required. 10% of the time you will: Build and maintain displays in the retail environment; adding new product line to store sets.10% of the time you will: Conduct product knowledge sessions both at the customer's location as well as off-site workshops.5% of the time you will: Perform administrative duties, as required, writing sales reports and strategies, and maintaining the company client database.5% of the time you will: Attendance is required at company sales functions and all required training must be completed on schedule.Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A/B.S.) with an emphasis in business or marketing preferred
- 4 years full time work experience preferred
- Customer Focus: Ability to build and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Math: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reading Comprehension: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Speaking: Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Writing: Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Analysis/Reasoning: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Driving Record: Possess and maintain a driving record which complies with company policy.Travel Required This job 30% domestic travel.Work Status & Location This full-time, exempt position is located in the Savannah-Bluffton area and services South/Central Georgia.Relocation Relocation will not be considered for this position.In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
Keywords: Simpson Strong-Tie, Savannah , Outside Sales Representative, Sales , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!