Company: Republic Services
Posted on: August 14, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: Within an assigned geographic market, a Sales
Representative is responsible for identifying leads, proactively
prospecting and selling new, profitable commercial, industrial and
recycling services to customers. The Sales Representative meets
regularly with prospective new clients in his or her assigned
market area to deliver sales presentations, follow up with key
decision makers and sell all services, including total waste stream
management solutions, as appropriate.
- Utilize the Company?s Contact Relationship Management (?CRM?)
tool on a daily basis, schedule and document all activities, and
develop robust information profiles on prospective customers to
facilitate acquisition of new customers.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to prospective new
clients; follow up with key customer decision makers and to close
- Complete consistently scheduled phone blocks and cold call
prospecting activities to establish initial and follow-up
appointments with customer decision-makers.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and
competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company?s available
services, lines of business, pricing structures and offer
additional services to existing and potential commercial,
industrial and recycling clients, including total waste stream
management solutions, as appropriate, to grow targeted profitable
revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
- Complete required Customer Service Agreements, CRM entries,
reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance
with Company policy.
- Build relationships and increase Company visibility through
participation in Company-sponsored activities as required; attend
trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other events, as
necessary. Act as a company representative at community events,
- Perform other job-related duties, as required.
- Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays
a high level of self-esteem.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient manner.
- Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate
to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what
other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being
made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully
state their ideas.
- Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills;
adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they
arise; maintains a positive outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride
in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals;
is competitive and has a strong desire to win; takes appropriate
- Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion
skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help
- Valid driver?s license.
- Bachelor?s Degree.
- One year experience in a customer-facing role that includes
identifying and addressing customer needs.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of direct selling experience.Republic Services is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Savannah , Sales Representative, Sales , Savannah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!